Sunday, May 24, 2009

Twittering can be beneficial to your branding

After posting my last comments on Twitter, I received email stating that it made more sense to spend time on LinkedIn and FaceBook versus the 140 characters you can post with a Twitter comment. I saw other comments expressing the same sentiment on LinkedIn and elsewhere.

At that time I could see the point that was being made but then I started receiving Tweets from Brian Tracy and all of a sudden I could see the value of Twitter.

Twitter isn't the means of communicating a message, it's the means of communicating about a message. Did you post something new on your blog? Then let everyone know by sending out a Tweet with a link to your blog post. Is there something new on your web page? Then Tweet away.

Make connections on Twitter by following others and encouraging them to follow you. The more followers you have the more people that will be notified about your updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networking 1-2-3s's Fan Box